POOL & PLAYGROUND
Ocean Ranch Playground Opens
Ocean Ranch’s Playground at the Swimming Pool Park Complex will “officially” reopening Noon on July 6th, 2020. All sanitization and signage requirements have been completed. While the Swimming Pool and Playground sanitization requirements have been met, it is important that ALL OCEAN RANCH SWIMMING POOL AND PLAYGROUND USERS MUST RECOGNIZE THAT THEY ARE USING THE COMMUNITY POOL AND /OR PLAYGROUND AT THEIR OWN RISK. OCEAN RANCH CANNOT GUARANTEE A COMPLETELY COVID-19 FREE ENVIRONMENT. POOL AND PLAYGROUND USERS MUST AGREE TO OBSERVE THE TEMPORARY FACILITY USE RULES.
Ocean Ranch Swimming Pool Opens
We are excited to announce that the Ocean Ranch Community Swimming Pool will be open on Wednesday, June 24, 2020! The Board has worked diligently to determine the best means in which to reopen the pool to our residents. In following the State and County’s strict guidelines and recommendations, and while considering everyone’s health and safety, the pool will re-open subject to the following temporary rules as follows:
The following Temporary Facility Use Rules are intended to make Association facilities accessible to the membership while promoting good hygiene and proper social distancing. Please understand that any public place where people are present includes an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and can lead to severe illness and death. Thus, please understand ANYONE USING THIS FACILITY ASSUMES ALL RISKS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, EXPOSURE TO COVID-19! Also, please understand that the Association’s ability to keep its facilities open and to mitigate the risk related to COVID-19 is dependent upon everyone working together with social distancing and doing their part to keep everyone as safe as possible.
TEMPORARY FACILITY USE RULES
- Anyone using an Association facility is required to adhere to all of the rules contained herein, as well as existing rules that do not conflict.
- No person may access an Association facility that is sick, with a fever or a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Residents are required to use face coverings when they are unable to maintain social distancing, including to and from the restroom. Face coverings are not to be used while swimming.
- Any person visiting a facility should wash their hands regularly and/or use a 60% alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Access to any Association facility is restricted to residents and their household only (unless authorized by the Association, in writing and in advance).
- Any facility may be closed at any time, without notice. Residents are required to respect the instructions of any Association agents relating to when the facility is open or closed, as well as any instructions pertaining to proper hygiene or social distancing.
- The Association may implement time slots on the busiest days to control the flow of users of the Association facilities.
- Parties and gatherings are prohibited.
- Any portion of the facility that is closed (e.g., play-structure, furnishings) may not be accessed or used at any time.
- All residents accessing the facility are required to bring either disposable disinfectant wipes or similar cleaning materials to use on any surfaces in the facility that the resident intends to come into contact with (e.g. to disinfect a door handle before entry or to wipe down a chair). Residents are encouraged to wipe down equipment and/or furnishings
Ocean Ranch Swimming Pool Opens both before and after each use as a courtesy to neighbors. Residents are encouraged to bring towels to sit on while using outdoor furniture to limit contact with surfaces.
- Residents are required to maintain the minimum safe distance as currently required by the CDC between themselves and any other resident or group. Residents should be respectful of the sentiments of neighbors relating to social distancing.
- Residents may swim with other members of their household while maintaining a safe distance of 6 feet or greater from other residents or groups.
- The wading pool is limited to use by one person or household at a time.
- The furnishings available within any facility have been placed in a manner to promote proper social distancing. Residents may not move or rearrange any furnishings in a manner that interferes with social distancing or that encourages larger groups. Only one family may occupy any seating station regardless of whether there is additional space available.
- Access to the bathroom at any facility is restricted to one individual or household at a time.
- These rules are intended to temporarily supplement existing rules. Where there is a conflict between the existing rules and the temporary rules, the temporary rules prevail.
These temporary rules reflect CDC guidelines and those of the Orange County Health Authority and are being instituted to allow Ocean Ranch’s Swimming Pool facilities to be open and available for Ocean Ranch residents. With that stated, it is the Board’s expectation that all residents will comply with these temporary rules. If any resident is found to be in non-compliance with any of these, or any other Association rules, the Board reserves the right to enforce said rules as it deems appropriate within its authority.